The City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) has called on passenger vehicle drivers and operators to register for the High Priority Bus System (HPBS) program so they could receive social packages.
Mae Aquino, CSWDO focal person for community and HPBS), said registration for the program remains open.
Aquino made the statement as the office started its distribution of food packs for drivers who missed the fuel subsidy program and who registered for the program but have yet to be included in the list of the HPBS social packages.
“Gawas ana ni-take advantage na lang pud mi sa atoang registration drive nga atong gipahigayon sa atong High Priority Bus System unya nindot pud sya og turnout kay as per gahapon nga ihap nato nikabat siya og murag 100 plus ka drivers atong napa-register so naklaro na or nasecure na ang ilang registration didto sa atong HPBS project,” she said.
She said that the 100 drivers who received the packages will be added to the list containing 9,072 drivers and operators who qualified for the HPBS social packages s.
Aquino said that drivers entitled to receive food packs were listed in the February 15 Facebook post of the agency (https://www.facebook.com/cswdodavaocity.
Aquino said those who missed the fuel subsidy included 1,862 jeepney and taxi drivers.
“Kini sila tung gipasa nato sa DSWD nga ika Batch 12 unta nga hatagan og financial assistance last year and since wala man nakadungag og pondo ang DSWD wala na sila nahatagan sa financial assistance. So with that nangita ta og pamaagi nga makahatag ta og assistance sa ilaha maskin food packs lang man,” she said as the distribution continued until the next day.
The office also distributed similar food packs to other beneficiaries.
During the February 16 distribution, 464 drivers received two food packs each with every pack containing 20 canned goods and five kilos of rice.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC