THE PHILIPPINE Army has filed charges against former Presidential Security Group (PSG) commander Brigadier General Jesus Durante III and his deputy, Col. Michael Licyayo, in connection with the killing of Davao model Yvonette Chua Plaza last Dec. 28, 2022.
The two officers are facing a court-martial, which is not prejudicial to the criminal charges against them.
According to Army Chief Romeo Brawner Jr., the case is in the pre-trial Investigation stage, and the provost Marshall and judge advocate general are studying the counter-affidavit submitted by the two after they were served with a copy of the charges.
Brawner said they filed raps for violation of Article 96 or “conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman” and Article 97 or “conduct prejudicial to good order and military discipline” of the Articles of War.
But he said it is still possible to have an additional charge against them depending on the results of the pre-trial investigation.
Durante and Licyayo remain in the custody of the Army headquarters in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig city whlie the investigation is ongoing.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew