AUTHORITIES seized more than P320,000 worth of shabu from two individuals while passing through a checkpoint in Lasang, Bunawan District over the weekend.
According to the report, Task Force Davao and Davao City Police Office seized 19.96 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P319,360 from a tricycle passenger.
Captain John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, identified the suspect as Alfin B. Salazar, 36 years old, married, and a resident of Twin River, Manuel Guianga, Tugbok, District.
Dema-ala said Salazar was on board a tricycle (TVS King) bearing plate number 571 LYI traveling toward the city around 5 p.m.
During the mandatory checkpoint inspection, the suspect yielded a chunky zip-lock of illegal drugs.
Meanwhile, the same fixed checkpoint earlier apprehended Ford Christopher B. Faciol, 30, single, and a resident of Km. 3 Upper Bajada, Davao City, on board a public utility jeep toward Davao City around 1:20 a.m.
Intercepted from his possession was a sachet of suspected shabu weighing more or less 0.30 grams with an estimated street value of P4,800.
The suspects were immediately turned over to Bunawan Police Station for proper disposition.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus