AN OFFICIAL of the 10th Infantry Division on Wednesday said the unit has a lead on the whereabouts of the soldier who went on absence without leave after he was implicated in the murder of Yvonnette Chua Plaza last Dec. 28.
Captain Mark Anthony Tito, 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said that the unit has a lead on the disappearance of PFC Rolly Cabal, who went missing without an official leave and a certain PFC Longakit, who was reportedly abducted.
“We are confident that he (Cabal) will surface later on,” Tito said during the AFP-PNP press briefing at the Royal Mandaya on Wednesday.
He, however, did not provide more details, including the possible location of the soldier.
“They are just in our area of responsibility but as of now we are doing our best to make them return to military control,” he said, adding that in the case of Longakit, the unit has continued to secure them and coordinated with them.
He added that in the case of Brig. Gen. Jesus Durante, former 1001st Brigade commander and the alleged mastermind in the crime, and Col. Michael Licyayo, Durante’s deputy commander, the Army Provost Marshall was still conducting the investigation.
On the two individuals who were not identified in the case, a man only identified as master sergeant and a civilian, Tito said the unit has no update yet as it has also been providing security to the three other soldiers tagged as involved in the killing who eventually executed their extrajudicial confessions.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy