ANOTHER white pickup truck figured in a hit-and-run incident Sunday and this time, the victim was a participant of a 42-kilometer fun run.
Based on the report, the victim was 31-year old Michael Jay-ar Espiritu Alcid, a resident of Jupiter St. Rosary Heights 9 Cotabato City.
Alcid became the second victim of a hit-and-run incident in the city in as many months, but, unlike the victim last month, he was recuperating from his injuries at the hospital.
Last month, a white pickup truck also hit a working student who died, while the driver escaped.
The report in the latest incident stated that Alcid was running along Bajada Road when the vehicle bumped him and accelerated toward the downtown area, leaving him behind.
“Due to impact, the pedestrian fell down and sustained injuries in the different parts of his body,” the report said.
A mobile patrol immediately responded and brought the victim to the Southern Philippines Medical Center for treatment.
Major Antonio Uy, Bajada Police Station commander, said the station has been looking for clues that will identify both the vehicle and the driver of the vehicles.
Just last month, a vehicle also figured in an accident that resulted in the death of the victim, Ana Mae Talili.
The driver of the vehicle, which is owned by a town mayor in Davao Oriental, eventually surrendered after former President Rodrigo Duterte announced a P500,000 reward for his arrest.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy