THE DRIVER tagged in the fatal hit-and-run in Tulip Drive in Matina that killed Ana Mae Talili on Jan. 26 is now under the custody of the Traffic Enforcement Unit.
Speaking at yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing Major Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified the driver as Jester Yucosing, 40.
Gultiano said the Toyota pick-up truck was registered to Boston town Vice Mayor John Paul Lampig.
The vice mayor showed up with the driver to regional police director Brigadier General Benjamin Silo Jr.
“At the time of incident, wala si vice mayor. But it took them how many days bago i-report sa regional police director,” she said. “Before that, [surrender] may witness na tayo talaga. We’re happy na sinurrender ni vice mayor and hope that it will give justice to the family of the victim. she added.
“Just yesterday (Jan. 31), nagbigay nang award si PRRD nang P500,000, ” she further said.
According to the report, Talili was the passenger on the motorcycle driven by her companion. The white pick-up truck reportedly crashed into the motorbike, killing her and wounding the driver.
The victim was 21 years old and a resident of New Loon Bagong Silang Purok 18, Tugbok District this city.
Talili died on the spot when she slammed onto the road. Her companion was rushed to the hospital.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence