THE JOINT elements of Task Force Davao and the Davao City Police Office seized a total of P33,000 worth of smuggled cigarettes at the checkpoint in Barangay Eden, Toril District on Sunday, Jan. 29.
Authorities confiscated the illegal items from Anghel Suemith, 36, married, and Reynaldo Dumatan, 27, married, both residents of Barangay Bato, Millioner, Sta Cruz, Davao Del Sur.
They were on board a black Skygo motorcycle without plate number traveling toward Davao City when flagged at the checkpoint.
Intercepted from their possession were 66 reams of smuggled assorted cigarettes.
The suspects were turned over to the Eden Police Station for proper filing of appropriate charges in violation of RA No. 4712.
Share this post:
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy