THE LOCAL government here on Friday opened the Lingap Para sa Mahirap satellite office in Calinan District.
It is the fifth satellite office of the Lingap program. The four others are located in Marilog, Toril, Bunawan, and Paquibato.
Putting up satellite offices under the Lingap Para sa Mahirap program aims to decongest the Lingap main office at the Southern Philippines Medical Center, and assist as many Davaoeños as possible.
The opening and blessing ceremony was attended by Mayor Sebastian Duterte, Lingap Program head John Patrick Celis, city councilors, Calinan Proper Barangay Captain Ursicio Ungab, and other public officials.
Celis said the Calinan office expects to cater to 50 to 100 beneficiaries per day.
Since Calinan has many clinics, hospitals, laboratories, and pharmacies, Celis said residents in the area will benefit from the new satellite office.“Gina-expect nato na daghan ta’g matabangan diri kay, in fact, daghan ta’g mga providers within the area,” Celis said.
He added that the new Lingap branch is also ready to welcome citizens from the neighboring Baguio District. Under the Lingap program, citizens may be granted financial assistance for medicines, laboratory fees, hospital bills, and funeral expenses.
Mayor Duterte, who led the opening, congratulated the office’s expansion to the Calinan District.
He also commended the newly adapted automated operations system of the Lingap offices, which has effectively cut the beneficiary’s waiting time from one hour to fifteen minutes. Duterte added that speeding up the delivery of services and benefits to the Dabawenyos remains one of his administration’s top priorities.
In 2022, the Lingap program provided financial assistance to over 150,000 Davaoeños. At least two more Lingap Para sa Mahirap satellite offices are expected to open this year.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy