A VLOGGER and his companion in Mawab, Davao de Oro face possible criminal charges for allegedly pranking the Mawab Municipal Risk Reduction and Management Office (MMRRMO) rescuers at around 2 p.m. on Jan. 18.
The vlogger was identified as Jonel Catipsayan Cordero, 29, married, baker, and a resident of Purok 6, Barangay Andili. While his companion was Arnold Obidencio Rabi, 32, single, construction worker, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay Nueva Visayas, both from Mawab, Davao De Oro.
Investigation showed that Cordero bought P10 worth of petrol from a gas station and poured it into an empty bottle of Coke Sakto.
Without warning, he reportedly pretended to drink the flammable liquid and acted disoriented or he was about to vomit. His actions allegedly caused alarm to the gas station crew, according to the police report.
As a result, the crew called the MDRRMO Mawab, whose headquarters was only a short distance away from the gas station.
When the emergency personnel arrived at the scene, they reportedly found Cordero still acting dizzy as he slumped on the chair and pretended to be helpless.
But while they were attending to the suspect, he suddenly became alert and told them that it was only a prank. Cordero explained that he was only making content for a vlog, along with his accomplice friend, Rabi, who was with him for the duration of the gag.
Rabi also confessed to the responders that the vlogger only drank Cobra energy drink, which they switched with the bottle of petrol.
The suspects are now held temporarily in the Mawab Police Station as they face a case for alarm and scandal.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence