MAJOR General Jose Eriel Niembra is the incoming commander of the 10th Infantry Division, effective Jan. 27.
A letter addressed to Defense Senior Undersecretary Carlito Galvez said that in accordance with the recommendation of the AFP chief of staff pursuant to Republic Act No. 11709, the designation of 31 senior military officers to key positions in the AFP was approved by the Malacañang palace.
Niembra will replace Maj. Gen. Nolasco Mempin, who vows out of military service as he reaches the mandatory retirement age of 56.
Prior to the designation, Niembra was the inspector general of the Philippine Army.
He served as Presidential Security Group (PSG) deputy group commander and eventually as PSG commander from April 2018 to January 2020.
He likewise held key posts such as deputy commander of the Task Force Davao of the 10th Infantry Division; executive officer of the 401st Infantry Brigade, 4th Infantry Division (4ID); and battalion commander of the 58th Infantry Battalion, 4ID; and brigade commander of the 701st Infantry Brigade, 7th Infantry Division.
He is a member of the Philippine Military Academy “Sambisig” Class of 1991.
Meanwhile, 1003rd Infantry Brigade commander, Brig. Gen. Consolito Yecla, is designated as the deputy commander of Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom).
Also under EastMinCom, Col. Patricio Reuben Amata, assistant chief of staff for Civil-Military Operations, G7 of the Philippine Army (PA), is designated as commander of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade based in Malungon, Sarangani province.
Moreover, 4th Infantry assistant division commander Col. Michele Anayron Jr., is designated as commander of the 403rd Infantry Brigade based in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy