AN INDIAN national died after his driven Yamaha motorcycle slammed into a Cenro dump truck Along F. Torres street in front of Rizal Memorial College at around 9:40 pm on Jan. 16.
Major Marvin Hugos, the San Pedro police station commander, identified the victim as Raghvir S. Cheema, 44, a resident of Marfori heights.
According to the report, the Cenro dump truck driven by Danilo V. Gallego, a resident of Dampa Waan, was temporarily parked while collecting garbage when it was hit by the motorcycle from behind.
Cheema sustained serious injuries and was immediately brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center by the responding ambulance of Brgy. 5-A.
However, the victim was proclaimed dead at 10 am on Jan. 17.
Meanwhile, the truck driver was held at San Pedro Police Station while the case is being processed.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead