ONLY ABOUT 600,000 have availed of the booster dose against COVID-19 from the 3.7 million target individuals in the Davao region.
In this light, the Department of Health XI aims to further strengthen its campaign to encourage people to get their booster shots and pediatric vaccines this year.
Speaking in a press briefing held at Kapihan sa PIA at SM City Davao, Dr. Rachel Pasion, DOH XI Epidemiology Surveillance Unit head, said that only 18% received booster doses even if vaccines have been proven to work.
Dr. Janis Olavides, COVID-19 focal person of DOH XI, said, “We have to have ourselves to be bolstered with COVID-19 dose to increase our immunity against it.”
“There will also be the possibility of new vaccines that will be arriving but as of now no update yet coming from the national,” Olavides added.
Since the face-to-face classes are already fully implemented, the DOH XI also wants to strengthen pediatric vaccination since only 206,084 of the 553,000 target have been inoculated against the virus.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled