ONLY ABOUT 600,000 have availed of the booster dose against COVID-19 from the 3.7 million target individuals in the Davao region.
In this light, the Department of Health XI aims to further strengthen its campaign to encourage people to get their booster shots and pediatric vaccines this year.
Speaking in a press briefing held at Kapihan sa PIA at SM City Davao, Dr. Rachel Pasion, DOH XI Epidemiology Surveillance Unit head, said that only 18% received booster doses even if vaccines have been proven to work.
Dr. Janis Olavides, COVID-19 focal person of DOH XI, said, “We have to have ourselves to be bolstered with COVID-19 dose to increase our immunity against it.”
“There will also be the possibility of new vaccines that will be arriving but as of now no update yet coming from the national,” Olavides added.
Since the face-to-face classes are already fully implemented, the DOH XI also wants to strengthen pediatric vaccination since only 206,084 of the 553,000 target have been inoculated against the virus.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead