ANOTHER government employee and his accomplice were arrested by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI in a buy-bust at Rosalina 1, Bago Gallera, at around 6:50 p.m. on Jan. 14.
PDEA XI spokesperson Nephi Noli Dimaandal identified the suspect as Cyrus Andamon, 45, married, and a resident of the said place.
According to the report, Andamon was arrested for selling a sachet of shabu weighing more or less one gram worth P6,000 to an operative who acted as a poseur buyer.
Dimaandal identified his cohort as Kenny Ngaday was also arrested for possessing illegal drugs.
Also seized during the drug buy-bust operation were two sachets with suspected shabu weighing more or less 11 grams with a street value of P165,000 and the buy-bust marked money.
The suspects will be charged with violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) and Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
If Andamon is found guilty, the maximum penalty shall be imposed, in addition to absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office, as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
Agents of the PDEA XI, in coordination with the National Bureau of Investigation XI and Police Precinct 16 (Maa Police Station), conducted the operation.
On Jan. 13, Frederick Yamson, Andamon’s colleague at a government-owned and controlled corporation, was arrested when a drug den was raided in Purok 9, South Bay Road, Barangay Lapu-Lapu, Agdao District, at 5:35 pm.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead