THE TASK Force Davao (TFD) will teach its flagship program, the culture of security, to children in public and private elementary and high schools in the city.
Col. Darren Comia, commander of the Task Force Davao, told reporters in a last week’s AFP-PNP press briefing at The Royal Mandaya Hotel that he wants to inculcate the culture of volunteerism, reporting, and vigilance among school children.
Hopefully, the kids will continue to develop the mindset of being security conscious as they grow older.
The Task Force Davao go in touch with the district supervisors to alleviate concerns of “militarization” on school grounds.
“The culture of security is presented to elementary and high school students in the form of a five-minute video clip which the students can watch during the lull periods, like in between or after classes,” he further said.
Comia said the video shows students how they can help maintain peace and order in Davao City.
“They can show the video clip to the students using their LCD projectors. By continuously airing this video clip to the children, the culture of security will eventually develop in them,” he added.
He stressed that the advocacy for the culture of security must be done in all sectors of Davao City. This year, they will focus on schools and the transport sector.
“The culture of security in Davao City is alive. We have received and responded to many calls given to us by the Davaoenos,” he said. “We are happy to the reception and learning of the Davaoenos, as they respond to the safety and security of Davao City.”
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence