TWO ALLEGED criminal gang members were killed after they shot two individuals and a police officer at Paseo De Romano, Feeder Road 2, Barangay Tibal-og, Santo Tomas, Davao del Norte, on Dec. 3.
Police identified the victims as Benedicto Josol Leghidan and Pablito Quino Sr., who were allegedly shot by Joefry Delerio Sr. and Fredo Estrada.
On the other hand, PCpl Alvin John P. Almendras and other personnel of the Sto. Tomas Municipal Police Station were conducting a covert operation in connection with Simultaneous Anti-criminality and Law Enforcement Operation (SACLEO) at the same place.
Almendras witnessed the shooting incident and he acted by trying to arrest the suspects.
According to the report, Delerio shot Almendras, hitting his shoulder and right leg. Even though injured, the officer managed to retaliate and killed the suspect.
Estrada, meanwhile, was also killed in the ensuing firefight.
The victim, Leghidan, was rushed to Carmen District Hospital, Davao del Norte while Almendras was rushed to the Santo Tomas Health Center and then referred to the Davao Regional Medical Center for further treatment.
Upon further verification, police found out that Delerio has two standing warrants of arrest for violation of RA 10883 (Anti Carnapping Act of 2016) with criminal case number CRC1119-2021 and murder case issued by RTC Branch 34 with criminal case number CRC 1120-2021.
Brig. Gen. Benjamin Silo Jr.,the Police Regional Office XI director lauded the prompt response of the team.
“Their proactive activity was able to solve the shooting incident instantaneously,” Silo said.
The director also pledged to help the officer in his medical treatment and recovery.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy