The Naval Forces Eastern Mindanao (NFEM) hosted the 2nd iteration of Maritime Inter-Agency Exercise for the Calendar Year 2022 on November 25-28 at the coastal road in Talomo.
Lt. Nicheru Brien Claudio, NFEM public affairs officer, said resource persons tackled key issues during the opening ceremony of the activity, while participating units also participated in the Table Top Exercises (TTX) to gain knowledge on how to execute tactical maneuvers based on the given situation.
Commodore Carlos Sabarre, NFEM commander, hosted the event, conducted twice a year, was also participated by the Coast Guard District Southeastern Mindanao, PNP Maritime Group-Regional Maritime Unit XI, Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources XI (BFAR XI), Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (CDRRMC), Bureau of Customs – Port of Davao, and Davao City Central 911.
The highlight of the event was the capability demonstration during the last day which was followed by the closing ceremony with Lt. Gen. Greg Almerol, Eastern Mindanao Command commander, was the guest of honor.
Depicted during the capability demonstration was an armed group hijacking a vessel.
In his speech, Almerol said: “With your support and cooperation, the Eastern Mindanao Command, for our part, assures you that we will continue to do our best in addressing the challenges to security by maximizing the best practices and lessons learned from actual experiences in our operations, and exploiting every opportunity to shape our operational environment to our advantage.”
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead