EVALUATORS gave a high mark on the fourth quarter simulation exercise because the safety and security cluster executed a near perfect response to the incidents portrayed during the execution of the event.
Public Safety and Security Office (PSSO) Head Angel Sumagaysay and Task Force Davao (TFD) Commander Darren E. Comia both gave a high score of nine on a one to 10 scale with 10 as highest.
The event featured featured bomb incidents in potential convergence areas as it the alert was raised when TFD soldiers intercepted an improvised explosive device from passengers passing through the border control point in Sirawan, Toril at 11:30am.
An hour later, a bomb exploded beside Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Central Park, Bangkal that yielded several casualties, followed by another explosion near the first explosion area.
The security forces earned a high rating after promptly responding to the two incidents and in rescuing the supposed victims, as well as the arrest of the alleged perpetrator who tried to escape on motorcycle.
“We want this response plan to become a muscle memory for our responding units, that every time there is an act of terrorism, we’ll have an appropriate and corresponding response plan, and kanina naputanayan natin na nagkaroon ulit ng pagkakaisa among the safety and security forces ng Davao City,” Comia said during the debriefing.
In justifying the rating that he gave, Comia said there were some minor flaws and miscommunications during the execution of the tasks which could be addressed through training.
Sumagaysay and Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Director Police Colonel Alberto Lupaz commended the interoperability initiative of Task Force Davao to further strengthen the security landscape of Davao City through holding a series of SIMEX.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead