THE DAVAO Police Regional Office arrested 132 drug personalities during the 100-day campaign of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
In an interview, Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, PRO XI spokesperson, said they already filed the cases against the 132 individuals, who were considered high-value targets (HVT)s.
According to PNP chief Gen. Rodolfo Azurin, different PNP drug operating units arrested 13,391 drug personalities, including 1,531 high-value individuals (HVIs) who were individually charged with violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 from July 1 to Oct. 8, 2022.
As per data submitted by 17 police regional offices, the Police Regional Office 7 (PRO7) in Central Visayas under Brig. Gen. Roderick Augustus B. Alba logged the biggest accomplishment on arrested HVIs with 250 drug personalities arrested, followed by PRO3 in Central Luzon under Brig. Gen. Cesar DR. Pasiwen with 203, the PRO4-A in Calabarzon region under Brig. Gen. Jose Melencio C. Nartatez Jr. with 156, the PRO XI headed by Brig. Gen. Benjamin H. Silo Jr. with 132, and the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) in Metro Manila led by Brig. Gen. Jonnel C. Estomo with 123.
Moreover, Azurin assured the public that the PNP will remain at the forefront of the national strategy against the country’s drug problem. But this time, they will use a holistic approach to address the menace in full support of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat