TWO REPORTEDLY dead following heavy rains in Malalag, Davao del Sur last Nov. 17.
In a report from Police Regional Office XI, one of the casualties was Evelyn Alon Matanggo, 52, married, tribal chieftain, and a resident of Purok 4, Barangay, Pitu, Malalag, Davao del Sur.
According to the report, Matanggo was inside their shanty at their farm located at Purok 4 when she was dragged downhill by mud and debris.
She sustained a fracture on her left foot but died from severe injuries to her head. Her remains were brought to Rivera Funeral Homes.
Meanwhile, Alex Zamora Abuela, of legal age, a resident of Purok 2, Barangay, Ibo, Malalag, Davao del Sur, drowned in Sitio Lusbak, Barangay Bolton on the same day.
Initial investigation showed the victim was inside his shanty near the riverbank when the structure was washed away by the strong current. His body was found in Sitio Lusbak.
His remains lie at Rivera Funeral Homes in Purok Santan, Barangay Bulacan in Malalag.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead