THE city government believes the holding of the Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions Convention in the city next year will be a huge promotional activity.
Jennifer Romero, newly installed head of the City Tourism Operations Office, said the event is one of those scheduled to be held in the city that is expected to give it a much-needed shot in the arm after suffering from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We have lined up several events nga ma-expose ang Davao. For next year nga atong gina-expect aside from Araw ng Dabaw which will be on March 1, Davao City will be hosting MICECon. Dako kaayo ni siya nga event nga atong pwede maipakita as starter para atong i-showcase that Davao City will be the strong MICE destination sa Pilipinas,” Romero said.
The event, considered among the biggest in the Philippine tourism calendar, is a huge attraction and will result in revenues for the city, she added.“The local conventions meetings, and exhibitions dako kaayo siyag matabang not only for the hospitality industry but sa tanang tourism establishments ning siyudad.”
She said prioritizing the holding events such as the MICE helps the whole tourism industry as the restrictions have been loosened.
She said that launching events such as these is timely because the hospitality industry has been down for a time due to the pandemic.
“Two years very down gyud atong tourism or the hospitality industry and tourism industry mao gyud ang pinaka nga nahit sa pandemic and this would be a great time for us to really strengthen our initiatives kay kinahanglan gyud nato mubangon to help our stakeholders para atong itaas ang turismo sa dakbayan mao gyud na ang atoang priority,” Romero said.
She added that the CTOO will partner and collaborate with the stakeholders to formulate action plans for tourism in the coming years.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat