THE city council has set aside about P6 million as financial assistance to areas hit by calamities.
Under the resolution approved on Tuesday, the City Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (LDRRMC) is tasked to use the Quick Response Fund (QRF) for these areas with provinces getting about P1 million each and municipalities getting P300,000 each.
The provinces of Quezon and Nueva Ecija will get P1 million each while the towns of Macabebe, Pampanga; San Miguel, Bulacan; Patnanungan, Quezon; Candaba, Pampanga; Dingalan, Aurora; and Cabangan, Zambales will also get P300,000 after suffering from the wrath of typhoon Karding.
Abra will get P1 million and the municipalities of Besao, Bauko, and Tadian in Mt. Province will also receive P300,000 after a strong earthquake hit the areas in July.
Another P300,000 has been set aside for Tampakan after the South Cotabato town was flooded in July.
City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office Head Alfredo Baloran said the recipients have complied with the requirements.
“Naa pud ta’y mga basis pod nganong atoa silang tabangan so naa’y mga requirements nga gina-submit dinhi sa atong opisina, ginaprocess nato. Gina-submit nato sa city budget for funding. Dili na siya basta-basta ihatag dayon, kinahanglan pa na siya i-approve sa city council, ila panang desisyonan, magpagawas na sila og ordinance nga i-approve nila,” Baloran said.
Baloran committed that they will hand over the financial assistance to the treasurer and/or the city mayor of the identified areas.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat