Maria Margarita “Marga” Montemayor Nograles is the new head of the Tourism Promotions Board of the Department of Tourism. She took her oath of office from Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco on Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022 at the DOT office in Makati.
In a statement after she took oath, Marga said, “(M)y fervent hope is to meet the expectations entrusted to me by Sec. Frasco, whom I shall support and work with diligently. May I be relevant as I learn from my mentors and may my heart and mind be focused on how promotions can best benefit our communities and the only country we call home!”
The Philippine Tourism Promotions Board is primarily “responsible for implementing an integrated domestic and international promotions and marketing program for the Philippines as a tourism destination as well as for tourism investments.”
Marga is the leading figure of the local fashion brand Kaayo, which hit national and international fame for its design and weave.
She also organized the “Balik Davao” campaign in New York City featuring Mindanao designers when she was still gaining experience in the field under the auspices of the Dept. of Tourism.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat