THE city government on Thursday inaugurated the first Tourist Police Unit (TPU) office building as it also turned over the new Bajada Fire Station to the Bureau of Fire Protection XI.
The TPU headquarters and the new fire station, located along J.P.Laurel Avenue (near NCCC Bajada), are housed in two interconnected buildings. The city government set the budget of Pof P7.5 million for the police station and P7.8 for the fire station.
In a separate event, Police Station 18 along J.P. Laurel Avenue Cor. Dacudao St., was also inaugurated. It had a budget of P5.15 million..
Lt. Col. Archie Zozobrado, TPU chief, said 108 tourist police personnel will be deployed in the most visited places in the city. “Ang tourist police, focused siya sa local and foreign tourists. Mag-provide ta’g security assistance sa mga areas like tourist destinations, malls, vital installations where daghan ang mga tao nga nagasuroy sa area,” Zozobrado said.
Police Station 18 will have 46 police personnel and 62 members of the police auxiliary.
Davao City Police Office City Director Lupaz said the additional police presence in the downtown area will bolster the DCPO’s capabilities to safeguard the city’s most densely populated areas.
“With this blessing, the public safety and security sector is deeply grateful and inspired as this addition to our capabilities will improve our services, specifically our response in case of emergencies and incidences to the nearby barangays in this area,” Lupaz said.
Present during the inauguration ceremonies were Mayor Sebastian Duterte, DCPO Director Alberto Lupaz, BFP XI Director Richard Arbutante, DC Fire District Director Anastacio Jusay Jr., and City Government department heads led by Acting City Administrator Francis Mark Layog. CIO
(Photos courtesy of the City of Davao FB Page)
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat