THE Regional Oversight Committee Barangay Drug Clearing (ROCBDC) XI declared on Monday 14 barangays in the city as cleared of illegal drugs.
The body, which is led by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, identified the barangays as 36-D of Poblacion District, Barangay Talomo River of Calinan District, Barangay Gumalang of Baguio District, Barangays Alambre and Tungkalan of Toril District, Barangays Balengaeng, Biao Escuela, Los Amigos, Manuel Guianga, Matina Biao, New Valencia, Tacunan, Tagakpan and Talandang of Tugbok District, this city.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA XI spokesperson, the 14 barangays were identified after the deliberations among members of the body and the barangay officials and the chief of police stations where these villages are under.
Others who were present during the deliberations were members of the Regional Barangay Drug Clearing Program Team and the Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Councils of these villages.
The deliberations resulted in the conclusion of the body that these could be declared as cleared of illegal drugs based on its criteria set by the Dangerous Drugs Board in 2017.
Dimaandal added that the declaration brought the number of drug-free barangays in the city to 81 out of its 182 barangays.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat