fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

Only one barangay declared as high-risk

 

ONLY ONE barangay in the city was placed under the high-risk category, while 12 were declared as moderate risk from Sept. 26 to Oct. 1.

Based on the record from the said period, Barangay Malagos was placed in the high-risk category.

The 12 barangays placed under moderate risk were:

 4-A

7-A

9-A

13-B

19-B

20-B

28-C

  1. Angliongto, Sr.

Baganihan

Matina Crossing

Mulig

  1. Hizon, Sr.

Meanwhile, the Davao City COVID-19 Task Force (TF) is intensifying its campaign to get people inoculated against COVID-19.

This, following Wednesday’s issuance of Executive Order No. 43 allowing the voluntary wearing of face masks in open spaces.

Despite the loose face mask protocol, the city’s health sector remains on guard, maintains its rigorous campaign on minimum public health practices and continues to conduct free testing on suspected cases and close contacts. 

The Davao City COVID-19 TF has also ramped up its drive to vaccinate citizens.

COVID-19 TF Spokesperson Dr. Michelle Schlosser, during the COVID-19 Alert program aired over the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday, said that given the accessibility of the vaccine, Davao City’s active COVID cases should be much lower. At the same time, fatalities due to the virus should be closer to zero. 

Schlosser said this is not the case as many still refused to get jabbed. 

Just last week (September 11 to 17), the city reported 436 new cases, which is slightly lower than the 516 new cases (equal to 15 percent positivity rate) reported the week prior (September 4 to 10).

 

Share this post:

Powered By ICTC/DRS
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Instagram