POLICE arrested two individuals after allegedly being caught carrying illegal drugs while visiting a detainee inside the custodial facility in Ecoland on Sept. 22.
Police identified them as Christy Morales Torres and Roel Cabantug Balla.
According to the report, duty jailer SSg Mark Inocentes intercepted the two police custody visitors (PUPC) visitors after they were caught in possession of illegal drugs.
Confiscated from them was a rectangular sachet containing a substance believed to be shabu with an estimated weight of seven grams and a street value of P30,000. Authorities also seized another rectangular sachet containing dried marijuana with fruiting tops with an estimated weight of six grams and a street value of P1,000.
The interception and eventual arrest of the two occurred during a routine inspection of all visitors.
The suspects were visitors of Dennis Lumbre, who was also arrested in a buy-bust operation for illegal drugs on May 26, 2022.
With that, Brig. Gen. Benjamin Silo Jr., director of Police Regional Office XI, emphasized that they strictly keep a drug-free custodial facility by conducting a thorough inspection of the visitors.
Silo said they adhere to the strategic peace and security framework dubbed MKK=K (Malasakit, Kaayusan, Kapayapaan tungo sa Kaunlaran) that its personnel are going the extra mile to perform their duties and responsibilities.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus