LAW enforcers arrested a member of the Philippine Army while carrying seven high-powered firearms as he was passing through the Sirawan checkpoint in Toril district, Wednesday morning.
On Tuesday, operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group 11 also collared an Army captain for selling a rifle during an operation at the Riverfront City, Diversion Road, Maa.
Those arrested were identified as Captain Ahmad Matawag of the 10th Infantry Division, who was handcuffed as he was selling a rifle to an agent who posed as buyer; and PFC Mohammad Kitig of the 6th Infantry Division who was flagged down while passing the checkpoint for carrying six high powered firearms using a private vehicle.
Also seized from Kitig was his service pistol. Criminal complaints were still being prepared against them.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat