TROOPS of the 701st Infantry Brigade under the 10th Infantry Division recovered two high-powered firearms from an arms cache at Sitio Walingwaling, Barangay Tagboa, Lupon, Davao Oriental on Aug. 26.
Capt. Mark Anthony Tito, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said the recovery of the M60 machine gun and an M16 rifle was a result of the information given by alias Bukawe, team leader of the Weakened Guerilla Front (WGF) 18, who surrendered to the Maco Municipal Police on Aug. 23.
Bukawe said they hid their firearms while deserting their unit to surrender to the government.
Maj. Gen. Nolasco A. Mempin, 10th Infantry “Agila” Division commander, lauded the accomplishment of the 701st Brigade under the leadership of Brig. Gen. Oliver C. Maquiling.
Likewise, he reminded them to continue their efforts in dismantling the remaining communist terrorist group in Davao Oriental and entice the remaining terrorists to surrender.
Other units that participated in the operations were the 48th Infantry Battalion (IB), 66IB, Maco Municipal Police Station (MPS), Lupon MPS, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office, and other intelligence units.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat