A FORMER squad leader of a New People’s Army (NPA) was arrested following a manhunt operation at 3:40 p.m. in Monkayo, Davao de Oro, on Tuesday, August 16.
The Police Regional Office (PRO) XI identified him as Rodel Emba Ogong alias Vladi, 38, a resident of Purok 18, Sitio Lilo, Awao, Monkayo.
Joint operatives of Laak Municipal Police Station, Monkayo police, and the 1101st Regional Mobile Force Battalion arrested Ogong by virtue of a warrant of arrest with Criminal Case Number 253-2017 for Homicide issued by Judge Celestial Aranda – Gonzales of 11th Judicial Region, Regional Trial Court Branch 57 Mabini, Davao de Oro dated April 25, 2018, with no bail bond recommended.
According to the report, the suspect was a former squad leader under Guerilla Front 33 of the Southern Mindanao Regional Committee. For now,
the suspect is under the custody of Laak Municipal Police Station for proper disposition.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon