A 19-YEAR-OLD student was arrested after witnesses allegedly identified him as the one who left the box containing P45,000 worth of marijuana outside Rechlle Store at Purok 12, Km. 12 Barangay Catalunan Pequeño, at around 9 p.m. on Aug. 15.
Maj. Nelson Violan, commander of Baliok Police Station, identified him as Glenn Free Tare Cemini, a transient resident in the area.
According to the report, two witnesses identified Cemini who allegedly carried and abandoned the yellow-white carton box in front of their sari-sari store as he claimed that it contained garbage.
Upon verification, the box contained one Watson’s blue-green plastic bag with 19 sachets of suspected dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops and a digital weighing scale. The report said the marijuana weighed 300 grams.
The suspect is now temporarily held in the Baliok Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon