AS the country prepares for the gradual resumption of face-to-face (F2F) classes, the Department of Education (DepEd) together with its external partners launched Brigada Eskwela 2022 with the theme “Tugon sa Hamon ng Ligtas na Balik-Aral” at Imus Pilot Elementary School, Imus, Cavite last August 1.
With education-focused initiatives at the core of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), City Savings Bank (CitySavings) continues to support the safe opening of the new school year this August. This year, CitySavings has committed to helping 200 beneficiary schools nationwide.
On top of safety and sanitation essentials, the Bank will also provide medical devices and equipment, learning and teaching supplies, technology support, and emergency kits. To further co-create a safe learning environment, CitySavings will also help with the maintenance and repair of handwashing facilities, comfort rooms, and classroom facilities.
During the national kick-off, Vice President and Education Secretary Sara Duterte expressed her appreciation to all education stakeholders for ensuring the safety of students and teachers as they return to in-person classes.
In a press statement released by DepEd, Vice President Duterte mentioned “With the national government supporting DepEd with the Basic Education Development Plan 2030 serving as our guide, the success of the Department’s plans and programs shall now be completed by undying love for the profession of teaching Filipino children, our children, the future of our nation”.
The Bank and its team members have actively supported and volunteered at Brigada Eskwela activities since 2010. CitySavings is focused on providing relevant, accessible, and sustainable CSR programs as it elevates the lives of people of moderate means.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon