THE 10th Infantry Agila Division donated three air-conditioning units to the 71 seniors of the Home for the Aged at Visayan Village, Tagum City, Davao del Norte on August 8
The donation, which was part of the 1t6th founding anniversary of the division, was received by Regional Director Vanessa B. Goc-ong of the Department of Social Welfare and Development and Venus Valenzuela, head of the center.
The money used to buy the units was from the golf tournament held on July 27.
Goc-ong thanked the military unit for the donation. “Mas madalas kasi, kami sa DSWD ang nag po-provide, masyadong touching na naiisip niyo rin po yung DSWD at ang mga elders,” she said.
Major General Nolasco A. Mempin, division commander, said the unit hopes to continue helping its communities including those impacted by the armed struggle.
“I hope that these air conditioner units will give comfort to the elderly here at the Home for the Aged facility. May we all remember that the 10ID will always be ready to help and support with the best of our abilities,” Mempin added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon