A 36-YEAR-OLD man was arrested for carrying an unlicensed gun with ammunition while passing the military and police checkpoint at 12:10 am in Sirawan, Toril, on Thursday, July 21.
Meanwhile, a van driver and helper were arrested for allegedly carrying shabu while passing at the Lacson checkpoint, on Tuesday, July 19, around 4 a.m.
Personnel of Task Force Davao and Davao City Police Office identified the suspect as Richard I Taripe, married and a resident of Purok 1, Poblacion, Tupi, South Cotabato. He was on board a black Ford Ranger with plate number NDW 8722 traveling toward Davao City.
According to the report, the authorities intercepted a .45 caliber pistol model ZIG M1911 with two magazines loaded with 19 live bullets from the suspect. He is now under the custody of Toril police station for proper disposition.
Meanwhile, Jay L. Dumolop, 23, single, from Corrales Extention Puntod, Bayabas Zone 2, and Glenn E. Gapate, 40, single, resident of Zone 5, Lago Compound, Kauswagan, both of Cagayan De Oro City, were arrested for drugs.
They were on board a Canter delivery van bearing plate number GKE 306 traveling toward Davao City.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the Task Force Davao spokesperson, said the two suspects yielded four sachets of suspected shabu weighing more or less 0.44 grams with an estimated street value of P7,040 and drug paraphernalia.
The suspects and evidences were turned over to the Calinan Police Station for filing of proper charges.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat