By: Emmanuel Virgil Albelda – THE regional office of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) has started training the 15,000 school teachers who will serve as members of the electoral board in the upcoming elections.
Lawyer Gay Enumerables, Comelec assistant regional director, said the training focuses on how electoral body can ensure transparency and reliability of the results of the elections.
Enumerables said the office has started preparing for the electoral process. “Vote counting machines for Davao Region are already complete and ready for use while the voting forms will arrive after Holy Week,” she added.
Under Section 3 of Republic Act 189, the Revised Election, the Comelec is mandated to form the electoral board that will supervise the elections in the precincts. Each precinct will have an electoral board with three members.
Enumerables said the region has 4,834 clustered prescient in the Region with 1,411 in the city, 695 in Davao del Sur, 314 in Davao Occidental, 1,015 in Davao del Norte, 791 in Davao de Oro, and 608 in Davao Oriental.
BAsed on the data of the agency, the region has 3.236 million voters with 992,538 are from the city, 457,073 from Davao del Sur, 192,420 from Davao Occidental, 690,248 from Davao del Norte, 508,221 from Davao de Oro and 395,751 from Davao Oriental.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled