By Emmanuel Virgil Albelda April 19, 2022 – THE Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has enhanced security on the Island Garden City of Samal as an influx of tourists is expected.
Aside from raising the alert on the island city, Ensign Vasit Venturillo, PCG commander in the island city, said personnel of the unit will ensure that all safety and health protocols are followed.
During the Holy Week, Venturillo said, about “70,000 inbound and outbound passengers were monitored and there were no significant maritime incidents.”
He urged both tourists and locals to comply with all protocols, particularly minimum health standards to ensure that they do not cause another surge as the visit the tourist destinations in the island city.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls