By Joberth Campos/UM Intern April 14, 2022 – A MAN was arrested after illegally loading Lauan timber in Purok 8, Pandullian, Barangay Mabantao, Kapalong, Davao del Norte, on April 13.
The operation was launched by the joint force of the Special Operations Group XI, Kapalong Municipal Police Station, Regional Mobile Force Battalion XI, and 1102nd MC.
The suspect was identified as Rolando Dagayloan Pamat, who was reportedly caught loading logs into his Isuzu forward truck.
According to the officials, Pamat was unable to produce sufficient documents from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources for transporting logs in violation of PD 705 or known as The Philippine Forestry Code.
The suspect was detained and the evidence seized, including the truck, 23 pieces of Lauan wood with an estimated total of 5,000 board feet. has been detained, and authorities are investigating the evidence obtained from him, which is an Isuzu Forward Truck loaded with 23 pieces of Lauan wood with a length of 5,000 board feet.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus