By Ezra Francisquete / UM Intern – PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte on Tuesday distributed six Certificate of Ancestral Domain Titles (CADTs) with a total land area of 209,170 hectares to various Indigenous Peoples (IP) communities in Caraga Region.
Duterte handed out six CADTs covering the portions of Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte, and Surigao del Norte to the tribal leaders.
The National Commission of Indigenous Peoples-XIII said in a statement that PRRD has officially recognized 12 CADTs in Caraga.
Republic Act 8371, or the Indigenous Peoples’ Rights Act (IPRA), defines CADT as a land title that recognizes the rights of possession and ownership of Indigenous Cultural Communities/Indigenous Peoples (ICCs/IPs) on their Ancestral Domains.
The President visited Butuan City to meet with members of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict, and the proclamation rally of PDP-LABAN held at Buenavista, Agusan del Norte.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls