By Joberth Campos UM Intern – THREE people were killed and one person is still missing as a result of the massive flooding in the Davao Region caused by Tropical Storm Agaton.
According to Joseph Rhandy Loy, the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office head, two of the fatalities were from Compostela town. He did not identify their names but they were aged 65 and 67, respectively.
An 83-year-old man drowned in Cateel, Davao Oriental, after attempting to save his animals from the flood.
The missing person, meanwhile, was from Monkayo.
Loy also stated that more than P117.2 million in agricultural and infrastructure damage was recorded in Davao Oriental, where it was also reported that more than 5,000 families have been displaced by the heavy floods.
According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC), up to 136,000 people or 86,000 families in Western Visayas, Central Visayas, Eastern Visayas, Northern Mindanao, Davao, Soccsksargen, Caraga, and Bangsamoro Region have been severely affected.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus