IT WASwas a familiar place as we entered the gate of the facility located at Barangay 5-A in Davao City, adjacent to the Bankerohan Public Market. We had been there before as it celebrated its Foundation Anniversary, but this writer cannot recall the year of its anniversary.
This time, the Marist community has started to take over the management of the home for boys and we learned from Fr. Gil Casio that the Balay Pasilungan was transferred from its former location in C. M. Recto across Osmena Park to this home for boys.
Because of its need to give shelter to the young boys and provide education for them, there is need to find support for the daily expenses and financial obligations that go with running a home for these boys.
Don Antonio Floirendo Foundation, in its Corporate Social Responsibility has responded to the call of the management, the missionaries who are with the Marist Congregation, for the needs of Balay Pasilungan.
The ANFLO Group included personalities Mr. Vincent Marcos, Ms. Gabbi Floirendo, Ms. Monica Floirendo-Ugarte and Ms. Victoria Brias.
Don Antonio Floirendo, Sr. Foundation (AOF Foundation) is the CSR arm of theo ANFLO Group of Companies. (Photos: Angelo Lacre/Marilyn Roque)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon