IT WASwas a familiar place as we entered the gate of the facility located at Barangay 5-A in Davao City, adjacent to the Bankerohan Public Market. We had been there before as it celebrated its Foundation Anniversary, but this writer cannot recall the year of its anniversary.
This time, the Marist community has started to take over the management of the home for boys and we learned from Fr. Gil Casio that the Balay Pasilungan was transferred from its former location in C. M. Recto across Osmena Park to this home for boys.
Because of its need to give shelter to the young boys and provide education for them, there is need to find support for the daily expenses and financial obligations that go with running a home for these boys.
Don Antonio Floirendo Foundation, in its Corporate Social Responsibility has responded to the call of the management, the missionaries who are with the Marist Congregation, for the needs of Balay Pasilungan.
The ANFLO Group included personalities Mr. Vincent Marcos, Ms. Gabbi Floirendo, Ms. Monica Floirendo-Ugarte and Ms. Victoria Brias.
Don Antonio Floirendo, Sr. Foundation (AOF Foundation) is the CSR arm of theo ANFLO Group of Companies. (Photos: Angelo Lacre/Marilyn Roque)
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled