THE military reported that four high ranking leaders of the New People’s Army (NPA) were killed, while 16 firearms seized in an encounter with the soldiers of 1st Special forces battalion in Barangay Tikalaan, Talakag, Bukidnon Wednesday afternoon.
Those who died were Carlisio D. Sumalinog, Jovilito D. Pontillas, Gary I. Juliana, and Jelly A. Sugnot.
Major Francisco Garello Jr., 4th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office (DPAO) chief, seven of the recovered firearms were M16s, a M203 grenade launcher, two R4 Carbine Rifles, a M653 Rifle, three M1 garand rifles, an AK47 Rifle and an M14 Rifle.
Major General Wilbur C. Mamawag, division commander, said the military unit will continue to intensify its campaign against the rebels.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art