THE Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will intensify security of the city for the Holy Week.
Speaking during the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel yesterday, Major Theresita Gaspan, DCPO spokesperson, said the security plan for the Holy Week is incorporated with the plan for the summer.
Gaspan said part of the plan is to secure Catholic churches where police teams will be stationed in a 24-hour schedule.
“There will be some augmentation from Police Regional Office 11 for help in securing some areas in the city,” Gaspan said, adding that other areas that will be secured are tourist destinations malls, seaport, and Davao City Overland Transport Terminal (Dcott).
The office will also activate its monitoring action center as part of the plan.
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment