THE City government received two huge refrigerated containers that will be used post-harvest facilities at the City Food Terminal Complex.
The two 40-foot containers were from the National Food Authority and Food Terminal Incorporated (FTI) and were accepted by acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte and City Agriculturist Leo Brian Leuterio from NFA Administrator Judy Carol L. Dansal, FTI President Robert S. Tan, and NFA XI Manager Dianne A. Silva.
Leuterio said Tuesday that the city government is finalizing the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) for the operation of the DFTC .
“We are at the final stages. I believe within this month, mahuman na ang IRR (the IRR will be completed),” Leuterio said.
The complex is a 17-million worth facility project which is a component of the Regional Food Terminal Program of the NFA and FTI and serves as a post-harvest facility especially if there is an oversupply of fruits and vegetables during harvest seasons.
Leuterio explained that his office has coordinated with other members of the technical working group and the City Legal Office in ensuring that the guidelines for the operations of complex are within the bounds of the law.
He said that they are hopeful to fast track the opening of this food terminal whose structure has been long completed.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid