THE City government received two huge refrigerated containers that will be used post-harvest facilities at the City Food Terminal Complex.
The two 40-foot containers were from the National Food Authority and Food Terminal Incorporated (FTI) and were accepted by acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte and City Agriculturist Leo Brian Leuterio from NFA Administrator Judy Carol L. Dansal, FTI President Robert S. Tan, and NFA XI Manager Dianne A. Silva.
Leuterio said Tuesday that the city government is finalizing the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) for the operation of the DFTC .
“We are at the final stages. I believe within this month, mahuman na ang IRR (the IRR will be completed),” Leuterio said.
The complex is a 17-million worth facility project which is a component of the Regional Food Terminal Program of the NFA and FTI and serves as a post-harvest facility especially if there is an oversupply of fruits and vegetables during harvest seasons.
Leuterio explained that his office has coordinated with other members of the technical working group and the City Legal Office in ensuring that the guidelines for the operations of complex are within the bounds of the law.
He said that they are hopeful to fast track the opening of this food terminal whose structure has been long completed.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC