THE military reported three more members of the New People’s Army surrendered to the 89th Infantry Battalion (89IB) in Davao de Oro Sunday.
Colonel Jorry Baclor of the Public Affairs Office of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) said the three belonged to the Subregional Guerilla Unit, Subregional Committee Five (SRC5) of the Southern Mindanao Regional Committee (SMRC).
Baclor said the htree also brought with them their rifles; a Garand, an M16 and a shotgun.
He added that the battalion is still processing the benefits due them through the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program.
Maj. Gen. Nolasco A Mempin, commander of the 10th Infantry Division, said the surrender of the rebels was due to implementation of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict.
“We are now reaping the fruit of the relentless programs of the NTF-ELCAC. For the first quarter of this year, numerous high-ranking communist terrorist group leaders surrendered to 10ID. At the same time, two CTG guerilla units, namely Subregional Committee 5 (SRC5) and Subregional Guerilla Unit (SRGU) were dismantled,” Mempin said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls