BDO Unibank won the Bank of the Year in the Philippines at the recently held Bank of the Year Awards 2021 of The Banker.
The London-based financial publication has commended the digital solutions deployed by BDO Unibank in 2021, stating that the modernization prompted better customer service, increased resiliency, and enhanced cybersecurity.
The deployment of the digital solutions has allowed bank clients to open accounts online, make paperless in-branch transactions, and do card-less ATM banking using biometrics or QR Codes. Moreover, they can now link together their BDO accounts in one mobile wallet called BDO Pay, and make online peer-to-peer and consumer transactions easier and faster.
The Banker pointed out that all these efforts allowed “[greater efficiency and] faster turnaround time on transactions as well as greater access to banking systems through an increased number of channels and touchpoints.”
It also lauded BDO’s continued efforts to cater to various customer segments, through the bespoke wealth management products of its subsidiaries: BDO Private Bank, BDO Trust and Investment, BDO Prime, and BDO Securities.
BDO President & CEO Nestor V. Tan added, “We will continue to broaden our market reach to improve customer access and strengthen our presence in underserved areas through BDO Network Bank’s branch expansion outside Metro Manila, complemented by our digital capabilities.”
This is the 4th time BDO received the Bank of the Year in the Philippines Award from The Banker. Previously, it held the title in 2013, 2017, and 2019.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art