Dadai Joaquin and Ninio Sepulveda recently came up with a collection of thirty-five works between the two of them, of flower paintings both in oil and acrylic on canvas
“While I loved painting all the different kinds of flowers, i liked painting the bougainvillea because it is a common flower. Something very ordinary and seen practically everywhere. But painting it brings it to a different light” says Dadai.
We asked Dadai if she felt that the pandemic affected her painting activities and this was her answer: “Surprisingly, the pandemic did not hurt my art practice. If anything, i think it became people’s outlet when they were cooped up during ECQ. They let the paintings take them to places they could not physically go to.” says Dadai.
“I just had a big solo show in October last year so I was not really expecting a good turnout for this February exhibit”, referring to the recently concluded “Say it with Flowers” art exhibit held at La Herencia from Feb. 8 to 15, 2022.
“But the turnout is still good and I am very grateful” Dadai adds as she had friends who requested her to do more paintings.
“Some collectors loved something that were already sold. So they just commissioned a piece that has similar color schemes. Like always, the bougainvillea pieces are always the first to go.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon