PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has appointed familiar names as the ethnographic commissioner of the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples or NCIP. Manobo tribe Princess Jennifer Limpayen Sibug-Las was once again appointed as the NCIP’s commissioner for Central Mindanao since taking over the same position in 2019. Sibug-Las lead the oplan bayanihan first stranded IPs during the surge of covid-19 pandemic in the country. Secretary Allen Capuyan NCIP chairperson will also lead the IPs and indigenous cultural communities in Southern and Eastern Mindanao and Eastern Mindanao Atty. Pinky Grace Pareja Pabelic for Northern and Western Mindanao, Mr. Jeorge Medez Largado for the islands of Calabarzon and Visayas and Ms. Simplicia Pulupul Hagada in Cagayan Valley. The appointment ceremony was held at the DSWD office and confirmed by Secretary Rolando Bautista.
On a separate occasion just recently, Commissioner Jennifer Limpayen Sibug-Las, hosted a dinner party “Media Appreciation Night” to personally recognize all those who gave their tireless effort and constant support for the advocacies of the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples.
The said dinner party was well attended by executives from the media industry, family members, and friends. It was a memorable night full of fun and laughter.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art