THE military reported that soldiers of the 58th Infantry Battalion killed three members of the New People’s Army, while another was captured during an encounter Friday in Sitio Solana, Barangay Plaridel, Claveria, Misamis Oriental.
However, the report did not identify the rebels who clashed with members of the battalion, a unit under the 4th Infantry Division.
Colonel Jorry Baclor, Public Affairs Office (PAO) chief, said soldiers were conducting an operation when they chanced up the rebels who were believed to be members of the Sub Regional Command (SRC)1 of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee.
The clash resulted in the recovery of two rifles, ammunition and personal belongings of the fleeing rebels.
“This is a clear manifestation that the NPA in the country is losing ground,” Baclor said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls