THE military reported that soldiers of the 58th Infantry Battalion killed three members of the New People’s Army, while another was captured during an encounter Friday in Sitio Solana, Barangay Plaridel, Claveria, Misamis Oriental.
However, the report did not identify the rebels who clashed with members of the battalion, a unit under the 4th Infantry Division.
Colonel Jorry Baclor, Public Affairs Office (PAO) chief, said soldiers were conducting an operation when they chanced up the rebels who were believed to be members of the Sub Regional Command (SRC)1 of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee.
The clash resulted in the recovery of two rifles, ammunition and personal belongings of the fleeing rebels.
“This is a clear manifestation that the NPA in the country is losing ground,” Baclor said.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art