AROUND 11.8 million worth of seized illegal drugs in the region were burned by authorities, led by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, at the Philippine-Japan Active Carbon Corporation, Malagamot Road, Panacan on Wednesday, March 16.
PDEA XI chief Aileen Lovitos said a total of 771.0722 grams of shabu worth P11,566,083 and 2,109.5838 grams of marijuana worth P253,150.056, amounting to P11,819,233.056, were destroyed.
This is in line with the call of President Rodrigo Duterte to destroy seized illegal drugs and contraband and pursuant to the guidelines set on Section 21 of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
The PDEA XI, together with Colonel Thor Valiente Cuyos, deputy regional director for operations, led the burning.
Also, Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the PDEA XI spokesperson, said that the drugs were seized from 2011 to 2020.
“These are the evidence from decided cases, and conducted tests, during the operation where there were no targets and suspects are killed,” Dimaandal said.
Moreover, the burning of seized illegal drugs was also done to erase the skepticism of the public that there is a recycling of seized illegal drugs by the law enforcement agencies.
Lovitos commends the effort of the local government unit, Philippine National Police, other law enforcement agencies, media, and the community for their untiring support in the fight against illegal drugs.
“This collaborative effort of the five pillars of the criminal justice system serves as a warning to all drug perpetrators that we are working hand in hand to suppress the supply of illegal drugs in our country,” she said.
Meanwhile, plaques and certificates of recognition and appreciation were also given to law enforcement units and other partner stakeholders including the Philippine-Japan Active Carbon Corporation for their untiring support in the war against illegal drugs in the country.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls