THE CITY Transportation and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will implement a two-way traffic scheme for Bolton Bridge 1 starting Friday, March 18, as the second bridge is closed to vehicles to undergo repair.
CTTMO head Dionisio Abude said his office already gave a heads up to motorists to choose other routes if they want to avoid the two-way traffic in Bolton Bridge II.
“Bridge 2 man ang i-close kay naa silay i-repair ang DPWH. Ang Bridge 1 himuon nato siyang two-way, gamiton nato siya for vehicles going north and vehicle going south didto sila moagi (Bridge 2 will be closed for repair. So, we will implement two-way traffic in Bridge 1 for vehicles going north and vehicles going south),” Abude said.
Earlier this week, it was announced that Bolton Bridge 1 will be closed from March 18 to April 18, 2022, for the further repair of the damage caused by the fire incident in January. Abude said that his office has already placed traffic advisories to notify the motorists of the changes in the traffic scheme for Bolton Bridge 1.
“Pinaagi sa atoang traffic advisory makabalo ang atoang motorista na one lane ang going north, and one lane for going south and possible nga maka experience og traffic (Through this traffic advisory the motorists are informed that there will only be one lane going north and one lane going south and that heavy traffic is to be expected),” he said.
The CTTMO will also deploy personnel in the area to manage the traffic. Heavy traffic is expected, especially when the face-to-face classes start possibly this month.
Abude said that coordination meetings were held between his office, school management, and the barangay security officers to efficiently handle the traffic near schools.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy