WITH THE easing of restrictions due to City’s Alert Level 1 status, a series of the “Balik Aktibo Dabawenyo Health and Wellness sa New Normal” program was reintroduced to sports coordinators of public schools starting Wednesday, March 16, at the Davao City National High School (DCNHS).
Mikey Aportadera, officer-in-charge of the Sports Development Division of the City Mayor’s Office (SDD-CMO), said at least 50 participants from the first district are expected to join the first day of the three-day series.
“This is our partnership with Deped in anticipation of the face-to-face classes sa mga bata (of the children). Their sports coordinators will be given a chance to be trained by NSA coaches on the proper training exercises for different sports,” he told the City Information Office in an interview on Tuesday afternoon, March 15, 2022.
He said basketball, volleyball, and football instructional videos will be shown to the participants and they will also receive free balls from the City Government of Davao through the SDD-CMO. They will also look into adding more sports in the future editions but in the meantime, the three popular team sports will be featured first.
A short program will usher in the training, according to him, for the turnover of sports equipment.
Aportadera added, “This is a plug-and-play format of training. We launched the Aktibo Dabawenyo katong nag-lockdown ta in 2020 as encouragement for Dabawenyos to exercise maski naka-quarantine (at the time when we had lockdowns in 2020 to encourage Dabawenyos to exercise despite the quarantine restrictions).”
The next stop will be at the F. Bustamante National High School in Tibungco on Thursday, March 17, to cater to second district participants while the third district will host the program on Friday, March 18, at the Mintal National Comprehensive High School.
After their training, the sports coordinators are expected to apply their learnings and re-echo it to their students during PE classes.
Access the free instructional exercise videos on the Aktibo Dabawenyo YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/AktiboDabawenyo).
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls